When a company provides a server on lease or access to their server and internet to other companies to host their websites, such service is called website hosting. Other names for such companies are Web Hosting Providers or Hosting Companies.
The cost and characteristics of a internet site hosting package will guide you decide on a company that is best suitable for your requirements. Managing your web space or the main directory is the first work of a website hosting package. Significant website hosting system files such as your public_html sub-folder that let people to check out your site as long as you want are saved in this directory. Yet another task is protecting your website content. Managing the set of tools (Control panel) which is available with the package and enables you to make use of the characteristics such as e-mail account creation etc is the 2nd job.
In the market there are many deals with diverse functions. According to some excellent GreenGeeks reviews, all website hosting packages, however, provide some principal features. Some features are.
- Amount of Storage: Select a package that provides adequate gigabytes of storage based upon the size of your site.
- Amount of Bandwidth: The amount of data a user can upload and download in a site in a given month is called bandwidth. You will either be charged an additional fee or the site will be unavailable if you exceed your website hosting packages limit.
- Managing Domains and Subdomains: Usually get a package which allows for expansion and creation of various subdomains.
- Extra Features: Check if the package offers extra features such as e-mails, addition of widgets and apps such as mobile app which allows you to access your site administration etc.
- Tech Support: It is very important to know what type of support your package offers such as email, ticketing, live chat etc.
- Language Support: Make certain that the package offers support for various server languages other than PHP.
- Site Backup: Just because your site is connected to the internet doesn’t mean there is no chance of data loss. Ensure that your package offers site files and database backups.
- Operating System: If you are using Open Source language then you don’t have to worry about the distribution. However, if you are using ASP.NET it requires Windows hosting which is expensive, though most hosts provide options.