Hey, I just wanted to come up with a short note about the coming Black Friday / Cyber Monday craziness. Technology firms are running the biggest discounts the entire year. You don’t want to miss out.
Here is great. This is the moment to buy website hosting or domain names.
Do you buy domains and website hosting routinely? Well then this is the chance to go for your wallet. Have a look at Godaddy Black Friday – Cyber Monday Deals to read more.
With the newly established open Web device compliance review board, standards in the field of open-Web devices and software are to be monitored in the future. Among manufacturers Sony, LG, Qualcomm and ZTE, as well as the network operators Telefónica, belong to the founding members in addition to Mozilla, KDDI, Telenor and Deutsche Telekom.
Against the fragmentation
The Review Board aims to reduce the fragmentation of Firefox OS and establishing quality criteria for the operating system and devices. Also, Web APIs will be all over the world independently assessed and certified, in order to achieve a certain uniformity.
A certain level of uniformity comes by itself, but not in the initial period. A good analogy to this is the hosting industry. More about this on hostingmanual.net and other web hosting related sites.
Due to the certification of the equipment, the members of the review boards promise an accelerated release process for new devices. This should be achieved by a standardization of certification criteria and tests.
For the end user, they should control open Web APIs and the devices to achieve a unified experience no matter what devices or apps used. Also all APIs should run on any device, regardless of performance criteria.
The compliance review board is an independent organization, which is headed by a Board of Trustees. This consists of members of different companies with different regional priorities.
The tests are performed by external companies on the basis of the criteria laid out by the review board. Currently on the Internet page of the Review Board there are still no certified equipments or APIs.
The BitTorrent indexer and Tracker The Pirate Bay is successfully moved to Peru. The platform is now available at thepiratebay.pe. A spokesman for the operator said to Torrentfreak magazine that they are working on a new system that will render domain names no longer important.
The TLD .pe of Peru State was chosen “because it is in South America”, said the spokesman.
The BitTorrent browser should allow the storage and spread of data of The Pirate Bay among the users. Thus, centralized hosting would be superfluous. “You should wait for our new Piratebrowser, domains will be irrelevant,” said an insider. Previously The Pirate Bay was registered at the address thepiratebay.sx. The Dutch anti piracy agency (BREIN) had judicially enforced a seizure of the Web address.
The Pirate Bay team presents the Piratebrowser on the tenth anniversar, which should help to get around Internet barriers. In the announcement it was said in the the Pirate Bay blog: “it is a simple one-click browser that circumvents censorship and blockades and makes the site available and accessible. There are no adware, toolbars, or other crap, just a preconfigured Firefox browser.”
The Piratebrowser is a Firefox 23 in bundle with the Tor client Vidalia and a proxy configuration to reduce the data times. What is FoxyProxy, a Firefox extension which automatically requests URLs across one or more proxy servers. It does this not for anonymous Internet use, but simply to bypass the Internet blocking, say the Pirate Bay operators.
The next version will come as a standalone browser and as Firefox and chrome plug-in.
When a company provides a server on lease or access to their server and internet to other companies to host their websites, such service is called website hosting. Other names for such companies are Web Hosting Providers or Hosting Companies.
The cost and characteristics of a internet site hosting package will guide you decide on a company that is best suitable for your requirements. Managing your web space or the main directory is the first work of a website hosting package. Significant website hosting system files such as your public_html sub-folder that let people to check out your site as long as you want are saved in this directory. Yet another task is protecting your website content. Managing the set of tools (Control panel) which is available with the package and enables you to make use of the characteristics such as e-mail account creation etc is the 2nd job.
In the market there are many deals with diverse functions. According to some excellent GreenGeeks reviews, all website hosting packages, however, provide some principal features. Some features are.
- Amount of Storage: Select a package that provides adequate gigabytes of storage based upon the size of your site.
- Amount of Bandwidth: The amount of data a user can upload and download in a site in a given month is called bandwidth. You will either be charged an additional fee or the site will be unavailable if you exceed your website hosting packages limit.
- Managing Domains and Subdomains: Usually get a package which allows for expansion and creation of various subdomains.
- Extra Features: Check if the package offers extra features such as e-mails, addition of widgets and apps such as mobile app which allows you to access your site administration etc.
- Tech Support: It is very important to know what type of support your package offers such as email, ticketing, live chat etc.
- Language Support: Make certain that the package offers support for various server languages other than PHP.
- Site Backup: Just because your site is connected to the internet doesn’t mean there is no chance of data loss. Ensure that your package offers site files and database backups.
- Operating System: If you are using Open Source language then you don’t have to worry about the distribution. However, if you are using ASP.NET it requires Windows hosting which is expensive, though most hosts provide options.